Friday, March 13, 2009

SPRING!!!


To those of you who don't know (which is probably majority of u!) I, Ashley Taylor ADORE Spring!!! The beautiful early sunrises and romantic late sunsets, the sweet songs the three little birdies chirping outside my window, the buds blossoming, covering the winter nakedness of the trees....ahhhh....SPRING!

I love this magical season for more reason than one. First of all, I am a spring baby. My birthday in on the 27th of March. (Flowers, candy and other gifts can be delivered to my house via Fed-Ex. Any one interested can hit me up for a delivery address at the end of this blog ! :)
There's something special about turning one year older during the spring. As the weather makes that transition from disturbingly frigid to beautifully mild, it's almost as though I feel like my life is also making a transition along with the seasons. The world begins to look a little different. My perception of certain things change dramatically. I start to appreciate the little things that make life worth living.

I finally feel motivated to put down that third jelly doughnut and maybe even pick up a razor. I think about how unattractive a mane of leg hair might appear should I decide to rock a pair of capris. I come to terms with the fact that my gym really isn't a Hell filled with overcaffinated, anorexic/bulimic/ freaks or steroid pumped meatheads. I accept that while they might appear that way, they too are normal people just like you and me. I even consider reuniting with them in attempt to rid myself of the belly rolls and back fat that I have acquired over the winter months.

I find myself wanting to pick up the phone and make an emergency appointment with my esthetician for a pedicure. Becuz it's no longer fun to pick up pieces of carpet as I walk around bare foot in my house. Crusty feet might be ok in the winter, in fact I actually find that the extra layers of hardened skin help to keep my toes warm on those really cold days. But Spring is quickly approaching, so these old habits must be gone.

And while I contemplated growing my leg hair long enough to be able to shave it, dye it and perhaps make a weave, I've recently decided that surely would not be the most lady-like thing in world. Funny as hell, yes, lady-like, definitely not!

LOL!!

Ok, ya'll know I would NEVER let myself get that far off point!!

But I've officially checked myself into Boot Camp! I've purchased the Kanye West workout video and before you know it, imma be red carpet worthy. I'm ready! Are u?
If not, allow me to post some motivational footage just for you!!

ENJOY!!

No comments: