Monday, January 26, 2009

Man, I feel like a woman



Ladies, do you ever wake up some mornings, hair all tousled, teeth unbrushed, bare faced, makeup free, eyes still half shut, and you look in the mirror and say to yourself "Damn....I am one SEXY bytch!!! Not in a sarcastic or conceited way; I mean, you say it and you actually mean it?? Well Lord knows I don't!!!! I'm not even gonna lie!!!! In fact, I try to avoid mirrors at all costs until I've showered, lotioned my skin and run a brush through my hair AND teeth! I know we all like to give off the impression (especially to men!) that our beauty is effortless. However, let's face the facts: WE allllll require a little tweaking and maintenance every now and then! Whether we are glam girls or au natural femmes, none of us wake up looking like supermodels! (PS: If your man tells you that you do, HE'S GASSING YOU!! Don't be fooled!!)

So what I'm gonna discuss today are some of the things us, as females do to take us from "blah" to "banging" on a regular basis. Here's what makes us women feel like beautiful goddesses.

Fellas, pay attention!! It's not as effortless as you may think it is:

Personal Hygiene: Nothing makes us feel sexier than when we're wearing a fragrance that we know is amaaaazzzinnng! However, as my mother always used to say "you can't put perfume on a pig!" Which means, being sexy does not include going to the gym, running on the treadmill for 40 mins, doing an hour spin class, bench pressing for another 20 mins, sweating all up and down the place and then spraying on a little J-Lo Glow to cover the rank stench! Soap and water go a looooong way! Skipping showers is a no-no for so many reasons. Masking stinky body odour with thing like creams, deodorant and perfume are only temporary fixes. It will not rid your body of the stinkiness. What's worse, is that you will only end up smelling like a perfumed pig!! Nobody enjoys the smell of strawberry scented sweat! So do yourself a favour and jump in the shower! There is never ever a acceptable reason why a lady should smell putrid! Sorry...it HAD to be said!

Moving right along...I consider my shower my personal beautifying booth. So much can be done while your standing under the water, and this is exactly where a lot of beautifying takes place:


Exfoliating- As most of us should know, dry, ashy skin is NEVER in! The easiest way to prevent flakiness is by investing in both a pair of exfoliating gloves and a body scrub containing small, smooth microbeads. The result: Beautifully smooth, glistening, soft, silky skin all over! Sure it takes a little extra time and effort, but isn't that what being a sexy bytch is all about? :)

Exfoliation of the feet are also best performed in the shower. My weapon of choice is a pumice stone. This is the quickest way to remove any dry dead skin from your heels and around your toes. It's especially easy to remove when your feet or damp from the shower. Crusty feet are just gross -all year round!

*I strongly recommend body scrubs from The Body Shop. They're cheap, they smell amazing and they work like a charm! Gloves can be purchased everywhere from drugstores to grocery stores and are very inexpensive. Just be sure to wash them with detergent or replace them often to avoid bacteria build up. Not cute!*

Shaving-Ah yes! The dreaded act of hair removal. I can't stand it! Personally, I wish I could just walk around with my leg hair dragging on the ground, but unfortunately, I don't think to many people would find that very sexy! Ladies, we all know hair free bodies are the way to go. Although its a pain in the ass, and requires consistent maintenance, it's all worth it in the end. Now luckily, I'm not a hairy person at all! They only thing I actually do shave is my legs. Everything else is painfully waxed. And yes, in case you're wondering, that shyt hurts like hell!!! We'll get to that later...



TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments: